Tuesday, January 10, 2012

THIS is the Day...

THIS is the day that the Lord has made...no matter what it brings.
He has designed it. He has planned it. He has made it. Just for me.
Some days, Life seems rather mundane and everyday-ish. Wake up with the same annoying pain in my back. (ha, Im getting old) Get the girls off to school, listen to the boys wake up, fuss over silly litle un-important details. Do the unending little things around the house that just never cease.  Laundry does not grow up and move out. Well, I take that back. It DOES grow up, but it does NOT move out.  Atleast not in my house. I sooo need to purge our closets and dressers! I think I'll have a bonfire. LOL
Anyways, today is just one of those days. They happen frequently with 4 kiddos.  I should start planning better so tomorrow can be more productive than the day before. I get in this rut sometimes. Yes, it happens to me too. A rut. Feeling lonely for far-away loved ones, Kids sick, holiday mess still lingering somewhat about, scooters that have been banished outside somehow rolling around my living room. Kids bickering. L I F E. Its happening. Thank God for life. Even this everyday life. Thank God for bickering children. There was a lonely day that we thought we would never be able to have one, let alone four! Thank God for the scooters that have once again found their way inside. It means we have an inside...a warm roof over our heads and a place to call home. (I have said "Keegan! Park the Scooter!" more times than I care to admit today.) Thank God for the little moments of lonliness, they remind me that HE is lonely for me..and it is Him I am truly lonely for. He calls me from my everyday monotony into His precious presence and there He reminds me...This is the day HE has made. Just for me.

One of my My favorite songs says it perfectly.
In Your Arms By Meredith Andrews
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p2IcfoCmzTg

1 comment:

Unknown said...

What an amazing person you are. I know that feeling so well. I got choked up when you said 'He is lonely for me' wow! Good stuff. Keep Writing! More often too.
Luv ya, Sham